Center Street, Casper, approx. 1920, looking north.
To the right is the Webel Commercial Company. Beyong Webel's is the five-story Oil Exhange building. For another view see
previous page. At the end of the street is the Natrona County Courthouse, now gone.
Intersection of 2nd Street and Center, approx. 1922.
On the left is C. H. Townsend's Stockmen's Bank. On the right is the Rialto Theatre
now on the National Register. The theater was
designed by famed Cheyenne architect William Dubois and Casper architect Leon C.
Goodrich. The theater opened in 1921 as the New Lyric Theater featuring vaudville acts. It was
soon converted, however, to movies and changed its name to the Rialto. In 1950, it was
renovated. In 2004, it underwent an eight-month renovation and reopened in August 2004.
Center Street, looking north, approx. 1960. Photo by Wm. P. Sanborn
Compare with previous photo. The door to the bank building on the northwest corner and the clock remain the same.
Center Street, Casper, 1922, looking south.
Center Street, looking south, approx. 1950.
Compare with 2005 view below.
Center Street, Casper, 2005, looking south. Photo by Geoff Dobson
Casper Elks Lodge No. 1353, photo by Ralph Doubleday.
For information as to the Elks, see Cheyenne. For more on
Ralph Doubleday, see Frontier Days.
East Casper, undated
Casper Photos continued on next page.